Monday, February 15, 2010

It's a Small World

Met an Acquaintance of Father Sam

As readers may know, My Dear Wife and I are currently in Tucson Arizona, about 2,200 miles away from Southern Ontario.  We are in an over 55 RV park on the west side of the city.  I have been attending daily mass at Our Lady of Fatima, a few minutes away from where we are, and met a man from our area. I actually met him last year, but today we got to talking about some things in common.

When I mentioned Father Sam Johnston and this blog, Norm Sutherland, the man I met, said that he had been a parishioner of Father Sam in Petrolia, Ontario, and further to that, had been a classmate of his at St. Peter's Seminary when Norm was trying to discern a vocation to the priesthood, many years ago.

The Disneyland song "It's a Small World after all" comes to mind.

No comments: